.

.

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve, we head to the kids' Grandma Cathy's for delicious appetizers and Christmas Eve fun! This has been a tradition we have maintained since she moved to WA. Molly spends the night there from the 23rd-24th so she can help Gma get the food and apartment ready for our arrival. Look at all the goodies they whipped up this year! Well done, Molly! 



Every Christmas Eve we play "The Dice Game." Everyone sits in a circle with a pair of dice. You take turns rolling. If you get a double, you pick a gift from the center. If you don't, it moves on to the next person. We keep going until all the gifts are gone. Then there is a 3 minute lightening round. If you roll a double, you get to steal a gift. After the 3 minute lightening round, the gifts you are left with are yours to open! I enjoy buying little things for the game, and the kids definitely look forward to playing! 


After the dice game, which we always seem to do shortly after arriving at Gma's because the kids simply can not wait to play, we spend the rest of the evening just hanging out and stuffing our faces full of food. This year, Gma Whitten, who is taking piano lessons from Timothy's piano teacher, played some Christmas songs for us, and then Timothy did as well! Cards were played, movies were watched, food was eaten.....

We had a wonderful evening at Gma's, that's for sure! 



 

Back at home, the kids were good sports when I took their annual "Christmas Eve in front of the tree" photo. Then we got all snuggled in on the couch and watched SpongeBob's Christmas episode and it was the best listening to everyone's giggles, lol. My favorite moment of the day!



I take that back.....my favorite moment of the day was watching Timothy decide what Santa  Mama and Papa wanted to snack on and drink that evening. He was so sweet about it. When I reminded him that I wasn't a fan of milk, he immediately grabbed the cranberry ginger ale instead. He asked what cookie I wanted, then giggled when I said I'd also like a meatball. You just had to be there. The care he took to make sure the plate looked just right for us made my heart melt. 

After sending the kids off to their rooms, you better believe I gobbled down that meatball, cookie, and soda! Sam ate the recees. 

We got to work stuffing stockings, setting up the "Santa" gifts, and dragging in a few of the larger presents this year. 



I love that Christmas is still fun and magical, even with the kids older. 

Merry Christmas Eve. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment