Our high school does a lot of special things to celebrate our Seniors, which I totally love, like the Senior Parade. This new tradition started during Covid, as a way for parents and the community to celebrate the graduating class at a distance. Each senior gets to parade around town in a sports car or truck driven by a loved one while the community comes out to support them. I'm SO glad the school decided to keep it. I feel like any way to celebrate the kids and let them know we love and support them, is a win.
We really wanted to be able to drive our 1963 Galaxie, but it doesn't have a convertible roof. And he couldn't just hang out the window, haha. So then Anthony was going to use his 1983 Chevy S-10 sport, but it's been in the shop. When we called the shop to see if it would be out in time, the shop owner said no, but then promptly offered up his 2007 Corvette.
Couldn't turn that offer down!
All the seniors and their drivers had to line up at the high school at 5. During this time, the community lines the sidewalk of the parade route.
I'm glad Anthony made sure to get a few photos with his friend, Owen, as well as some nice photos with his Papa!






No comments:
Post a Comment