We had Anthony's graduation party this past Saturday! We wanted to hold it later in the month because we knew everyone else was going to have theirs the first two weekends after graduation. We weren't wrong! We went to so many those first two weekends! Had we also had Anthony's, he wouldn't have been able to go to any of his friends', and his friends wouldn't have been able to go to his.
Another perk, we thought, to having it later in the month, was for sure nice weather. What else would you expect for the end of June? Well, we were wrong on that front. It was maybe 55*, overcast, and super windy. It even rained at one point. Definitely a bummer. But not much to do about it other than move on. We brought up our fire pit, put lots of blankets outside, and tried to provide extra seating inside.
We had a good turn out, but I think the poor weather kept some people away, so we didn't have as many show up as we thought. On the bright side, everyone was able to fit inside the house and be warm! lol
The party was amazing. I really had a lot of fun decorating for it, and showcasing Anthony's letters of recommendation, scholarship essays, community service record, etc. I also made 3 posters full of photos of Anthony from birth to present. A lot of time and love went into his graduation party, and it filled my heart with so much joy to see the house decorated and Anthony having a great time.
My favorite part was the card station. I bought a whole bunch of blank cards, figured out Anthony's CWU mailing address, and had friends and family self address a card and write a message to him. Over the course of his first year at college, Sam and I will randomly choose a card to mail him! I think receiving words of love and encouragement from his friends and family will be fun.
For food, we had ribs, hot dogs, cesar salad, brown beans, two different pasta salads, fruit, biscuits, corn bread, chips, and cookies! A delicious spread that made everyone happy.
Mama and Papa with the guest of honor! I'm even wearing my CWU t-shirt!

We really enjoyed the company of the guests who came. All of his close friends, except for 3, were able to make it. I'm thankful for that. I loved seeing them all crammed into his bedroom....playing video games! LOL! I also loved that they braved the cold and wind to play a bit of Volleyball. And Molly enjoyed the firepit with her friend. I'm glad most people took the time to fill out a card as well.
My favorite moment of the evening was gifting Anthony and his best friend, Owen, with special matching photo books! These photobooks were a true labor of love. They took me months to make! I scoured 10 years worth of photos to make them. The books were entitled, "The Adventures of Anthony and Owen, a Decade Worth of Friendship!" They contain photos from when they first became friends, back in 2015, up until graduation day in 2025. I definitely cried every time I worked on them, lol, and was SO excited to finally give them their books.
They were a hit!
After the party, once everyone had left, Anthony came to our room to open his cards from everyone. We are incredibly grateful for all of the love, support, well wishes, and financial help Anthony has received thus far. Every little bit will help him on this next chapter in his life.
Well, Anthony. You did all the things this year....homecoming court, jazz band, cross country, track, National Honor Society, applying to and being accepted to your college of choice, endless work on scholarships, senior presentation, college signing day, senior parade, ending the school year with honors and a 3.7 GPA, graduation, earning $19,000 in scholarships, senior camping trip, and finally your graduation party.
That's a wrap on high school, sweet boy!
Onwards and upwards! Now we will concentrate on making sure we get you as ready as possible for college.
We love you so much, Anthony, and are SO proud of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment