Anthony's birthday shenanigans started with an early morning rise. Sammy made breakfast sandwiches, per Anthony's request, while he opened up his birthday stocking.
The very best part of the hike was going up and behind the waterfall. Sam and I didn't attempt this when we came last summer, but once I saw the boys carefully traverse it, I knew I had to also.
Epic!! There is nothing like standing behind a waterfall! So cool.
After the hike back to the car, and hour and a half drive home, Anthony wanted to do presents before his friends arrived for dinner. I made him a car kit with a ton of essentials for when he leaves for college, he got a few new hats, and my personal favorite...a little robot! This robot stays home, but when he's away at college, he can turn it on and control it, driving it all around the home, seeing what's up. He can even hear us, and we can hear him! I was thinking it would be nice for him to be able to "check in" while away at college, especially on the days he's feeling homesick.
Anthony's friends arrived at 6pm for a mac and cheese dinner, and chocolate cream pie dessert. They played video games, hung outside, and tested out the new robot. Their laughter told me it was a hit!
Happy 18th birthday, Anth. I really hope you enjoyed your day.
Happy 18th birthday, Anth. I really hope you enjoyed your day.
With love,
Mama Hauck
No comments:
Post a Comment