.

.

Tuesday, April 15, 2025

Even Strong People Drown

Sometimes I write things. It's deeply cathartic and helps to get out thoughts and feelings. Here is a piece I've done recently. 


Even Strong people Drown


I’m trying to focus on the good

My gratefulness

My love

My hope

My future

My strength

But this pain….

Like rolling waves, hitting over and over

Cascading over me

Piercing my flesh

Straight through to my bone and marrow

Down to my soul

Never ending, and no escape

The water seeps into every little crevice

Little by little

Filling all those empty spaces

You didn’t know were inside you

Until you feel weighed down

Lungs compressed, hard to breathe

Knot in your belly

Throat closed tight, gasping

Not even a scream can escape

That’s the moment you realize you’ve been drowning

Slowly

This whole time

This whole time

And you wonder why all the good wasn’t enough

To stop the waves from crashing

All your gratefulness

Your love

Your hope

Your future

Your strength

 

But even strong people drown

 


With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment