.

.

Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Easter

This year the kids had a couple friends over to dye eggs with them. It was unexpected and last minute, but no complaints on our end. Sammy and I happily gave up our eggs so the friends could participate. I thought that more important as it's probably Anthony's last year dying eggs with us. The laughter was worth it. 
 

Easter morning started off with baskets. We let the kids sleep in (teenagers.....lol), and just do their baskets as they woke up. No fuss, nice and mellow. 
 
  

 
  

Egg hunt was next! We sent the kids back to their rooms and did our best to hide the eggs "harder" since they are all older now, hahaha. Their laughter is proof that you are NEVER too old for an egg hunt. So many times I found myself choking up because I just love watching them have fun so damn much. And, to our credit, three eggs were indeed too hard to find and forgotten until later that day, and then even a few days later! I'd say that is a win on our end, lol. 

 

We had the grandparents over, as well as my friend Kristen. Last year she came with her 3 sons (they are best friends with our kids as well!), but unfortunately for us, this year it was their turn to spend Easter with their Dad. I'm SO glad Kristen still decided to come. I would have hated knowing she was spending Easter alone. We mostly just hung out and chatter. It was really windy and chilly outside, so we didn't get the chance to lounge outside any. 
  
Dinner was ribs, ham, loaded mashed potatoes, maple and balsamic glazed carrots, balsamic glazed green beans, and biscuits. Dessert was chocolate covered strawberries, coconut clusters, and chocolate chip cookies. 

 

 And lastly, per yearly tradition, bunny ear photos! 

 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment