This past Friday, Sammy and I got to enjoy an all expenses paid casino cruise and dinner date with his co-workers, past and present. This was in celebration of an amazing 15 year safety milestone for Siemens and NAES Corporation.
Isn't that an amazing gift and celebration for 15 years of safety? We had a great time!
Admittedly, I was anxious. I hadn't been around any of his co-workers since pre-cancer. I looked different. I felt different. I acted different. I didn't know a lot of them anymore. And all the wives would be there too. A large part of me didn't want to go. But I knew this was important, and I know I have to continue to do things outside of my comfort zone...or risk becoming a hermit.
Ultimately, despite some nerves here and there, I enjoyed myself and had a great time. We drove to the Tri-Cities area and loaded the casino cruise boat at 3pm. Then we spent 2 hours cruising up and back down a stretch of the Columbia River, while everyone had a good time playing the casino games that were offered. My favorite was just basking in the sun on the back of the boat!
No comments:
Post a Comment