Sammy and I just returned home from a super fun getaway for our 19th wedding anniversary. It was an early celebration. We were fortunate enough to be gifted standby tickets from a friend who works for Alaska Airlines, and we chose to go to CA so I could see my favorite in concert, Shakey Graves.
We left on Thursday the 27th, flying into the Santa Rosa airport in fancy Sonoma County, lol. Our flight was uneventful, just how I like it. We collected our rental car, then made the little less than 2 hour drive to our hotel, Palihotel, in San Fran where we would be staying for 2 nights.
Friday morning we wasted no time getting up and moving. We grabbed a coffee from a nearby coffee shop and then sat for a while in Union Square Park. We had a lunch reservation at Yank Sing, a place we loved to go when we would visit CA in years past when we'd go there for Thanksgiving. Lunch did not disappoint. 100% just as tasty as we remembered! After eating, for the sake of reminiscing, we swung in the Palace Hotel and sat for a while, taking in the views.
We took the trolley back to Union Square, then took a stroll through Chinatown, Dinner was hilarious! We found a vegan spoof on McDonalds, called Mr. Charlie's. Everything on the menu was vegan and the decor was all frowny faced. I died, lol. Silly, but tasty!
We walked SO much. I was exhausted. It was probably the most walking I've done post treatment. Lounging in bed at the end of the day felt amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment