.

.

Thursday, November 13, 2025

The Giving Tree Festival

Two years ago, our family was the recipient of the Giving Tree Festival. If you don't remember what that is, or what it's all about, check out the previous two years blog posts here: Giving Tree Festival. The funds raised and donated to our family helped us pay down accumulated breast cancer bills. I am very grateful. 

Last year I wanted to curate a tree to donate, and I even got a tree, but never worked on ornaments. So I brought some eggs and a basket of soap and canned goods to give to the recipient. This year was the same....I had wanted to donate a tree, but never worked on the ornaments. Life is just so.....much....sometimes. 

This year, the recipient was a local 12 year old boy who, well over a month ago, went into the hospital with what his family thought was a bad sinus infection, and found out it was actually an infection in his brain. Many surgeries later, and the last news we all heard, was that he was due to come home this weekend. So fingers crossed. 

This year's Giving Tree Festival was amazing, just like in the years past. I like to go on day 2, so that I can be there for when they draw and announce the winners. Sam was in Ellensburg with Anthony, but Molly and Tim joined me, as did Grandma Cathy. My friend Molly, Kristen, and Elaine also came, which I was super excited about! The meal this year was soup and loaded baked potatoes. This year I helped a little too, when Susan and her friend announced the winners, I logged them and made sure all the paperwork was together. It was fun. 


In the end, none of us won a tree, but that's ok. Maybe one of these years one of us will get lucky. Another successful Giving Tree in the books! This past week, feeling inspired and motivated, I actually started working on some hand made ornaments! So fingers crossed over this next year, I can make enough to fill a whole tree, because I really want to make as many as possible, instead of buying.  

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment