.

.

Friday, November 7, 2025

Gearing up for the Holiday Bazaar

We are about 5 weeks away from the annual Goldendale Farmers Market Holiday Bazaar, and my preparations for the event are in full swing! 

I completed all my soap making the first week of October. Since then, it's all been sitting on shelves curing. I've mailed off and received confirmation of my bazaar application, I've typed and printed out all of my labels, I've taken my stock photos, and I've made a bazaar post on FB and Instagram advertising that I'll be there again this year. 

This year I've got 15 different essential oil soaps, with 6 of those being double batches of my best sellers. And I've got 15 different fragrance oil soaps, some of them new scents. Also new this year, is my soap on a rope. That took a bit of research to figure out the best rope and how to best execute that. I think they turned out well, but the real test will be in use. I also made little soaps, and packaged them in a tin as single use travel soaps. And lastly, I made some soap and cut it to resemble peppermint bark. With the handful of new people who have moved to town and set their minds to soaping and selling at the bazaars as well, I knew I needed to come up with a few new things to help me to stand out. 

We will see how this year goes. 

 




Next on the agenda, I will clean up and maybe steam the tops of some of my soaps as needed, band the labels to them, and figure out how I'm going to display everything on my table this year. That'll take a bit of brainstorming, as I'd like to change up how I display them. So we will see. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment