Anthony took his first solo flight this past Saturday and I am still freaking out about it!!!
Anthony said he had been anticipating it coming up, but wasn't sure exactly when he was going to. Weather plays a huge factor in his ability to fly on his flight block days, and there have been a lot of days where he has been grounded. So he wasn't sure. But it happened!
The universe conspired for Sam to be able to be there, and I am so thankful for that. Anthony was having truck issues all week, and had to borrow cars from his friend's to get to class. Sam went up Friday to see if he could fix the issue, and so was there Saturday morning to bare witness to Anthony's first solo flight!
His flight instructor, Ben, was so kind. He allowed Sam to FaceTime me so I could watch Anthony do his pre-flight check. Then Sam was able to walk with Ben down to the landing strip, to watch and take videos of Anthony taking off, flying, doing his touch-an-go's, and then his final landing. He even got a video of him calling in one of his touch-and-go's over the radio and it was literally the coolest shit to hear his voice. Sounded like a professional pilot to me!!
I can't even begin to put into words just how proud we are of Anthony. I know it hasn't been easy. Not only is the transition from home to campus living difficult, but keeping up with classes, homework, studying, tests, his flights.....it's a lot. I know it's been a lot. But he's got this. I know he does. Things might be hard, but he's doing the work. And it shows! I can't believe that after only 2 months after stepping foot on campus, he was able to take his first solo flight.
Like.....he flew a plane....alone....my mind is blown!!! He might just be the coolest person I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment