I've always taken my own family photos, however, the last two years I have been spoiled with having someone else take them. It was sooo nice to only worry about what to wear and when to show up and let someone else have the stress of taking the photos and editing them.
Unfortuantely, this year we didn't have the extra money to spend on paying a photographer to do them, and I also wasn't sure when Anthony would be home, so scheduling a day for a photographer would be hard.
I knew this year we would have to just wing it. So we all chipped in and helped do our own family photos when Anthony has home one weekend in October. Some photos were taken with the timer and tripod, others Sam, Anthony, and Tim helped take. We got lucky with it being overcast with no wind, but we did get rained on. Not a downpour, but a steady drizzle as we continued on that eventually had all of our hair soggy and weighed down by the time we got to our family photo, lol. I didn't get all the close up photos of Sam and I that a photographer would have gotten, and I didn't get very many full-family poses, because that's the hardest part of doing it ourselves, but overall all the photos turned out pretty good for doing them ourselves in the rain.
Maybe next year I can pay a photographer again. I'll be having to get Molly's senior photos taken, so might as well tack a family photoshoot onto that too. Finances allowing. I really do enjoy not having the stress of doing them and editing them myself. But, now that they are done, I feel relieved. Time to get to work on designing this years Christmas card!
Family photos 2025.
With love,




















































































No comments:
Post a Comment