.

.

Sunday, November 16, 2025

My Journaling Corner

I've started journaling. 

It was suggested to me by my naturopath as one of the puzzle pieces for my physical, mental, and emotional health. Not just post-cancer, but in general.

My journaling is based off the book Mind Your Body. I wont go into details. Maybe sometime later. For now, the basis of it is journaling for 20 minutes a day, about past/present/future issues or worries, with 10 minutes of quiet reflection/positive self talk/meditation/what have you afterwards. With consistency, over time, you are suppose to be able to teach your body it is safe and to let go of any chronic pain it holds.

My track record for sticking to something new, consistently, isn't that great. I knew this would be no different with journaling. So to help me, I worked on creating a journaling corner in my bedroom. 

I first started with a larger corner mirror, which I had been wanting anyway. I added warm lights, and sitting area. I ordered some funny sarcastic notebooks and colored pens on Amazon to get me started. And stocked up on some candles. 


After a bit, to add just that little extra, I handmade this beautiful garland and string of beads to hang. 

 
And with that, stopping during my day and taking the 30 minutes to journal doesn't feel so annoying or like such a chore. In fact, I've already grown to enjoy it. I don't know how long it takes to see "progress," but I believe even though that is the end goal, it's not the point, and shouldn't be focused on. The focus is on just knowing you are doing the work, and to keep going. 



With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment