.

.

Thursday, December 18, 2025

First Snow of the Season

We got our first snow of the season this morning! The weather has been unseasonably warm and rainy for a while now. The goats and chickens are over all this rain. And I am too. I'm really tired of everything being wet and yucky, chores being made harder, and the dogs tracking in muck every time they go out and come back in. Waking up to it snowing this morning was a nice change.  


Molly and Timothy had already left for school, much to their dismay. They thought the little bit of snow warranted a snow day, lol. I was so excited to wake Anthony up and tell him it had snowed! Just because, you know, it will never not be fun to do that. 


It didn't wind up being a ton, a few inches at best, and its already started to melt, but oh well. It was pretty to see, and fun to play in with the dogs and goats. I don't think there is snow in our foreseeable forecast, so I'm glad I got out to enjoy it. We are all wondering what this winter will look like. If maybe it'll be one of those years where real snow doesn't show up till late January, and in to February. Guess we will see. 



With love,
Mama Hauck


                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment