.

.

Saturday, December 27, 2025

Christmas Eve

Christmas came so fast. I mean, the month just totally flew by. Which scares me, so much. Because all I really want is for time to slow down. 


Every Christmas Eve we spend at the kid's Grandma Cathy's house. She makes a huge, delicious spread of various foods and treats. We contribute a cookie tray each year. Then, while we all just chill and stuff our faces, we watch White Christmas, and play the dice game. 


Back at home, the kids were begging to open up a gift, lol, so we let them open up all the cards that had been sent by family. Thank you!


We made some tea, grabbed a last cookie to snack on, and settled down to watch one of our silly favorites, SpongeBob's Christmas. 


Lastly, milk and cookies. Because let me tell you, Santa Mama wont come, not in the middle of the night, if you don't put out some cookies to be snacked on. This holds true, no matter the age. 

I just about burst out crying when they all came and chose a stupid cookie for the stupid Santa plate. Because it's one of those things....something that makes life feel safe. Like even though it feels like everything is changing, this is one small thing that can stay the same. Even though it's silly. I almost lost my shit. 


And finally, the kids went off to their rooms, to do whatever it is that big kids do after they tuck their parents into bed. I took their stockings off their doors so I could stuff them in the middle of the night. And then I stood in the living room, looking around. Just so thankful for that moment, with all of my babies home, under one roof, safe in their beds.  


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment