.

.

Sunday, September 28, 2025

Enabot: When Anthony Comes to Visit

Back in June, for Anthony's birthday, we got him the Enabot off Amazon, which is this little robot that he can control from an app on his phone. I had hoped that it would be a way for him to "visit" home and feel more connected in moments when he was feeling lonely and homesick. 

This little robot is worth it's weight in gold. Truly. The first time Anthony came to visit, I squealed with delight! He followed me around the house, and we chatted. He said hi to all the animals, and I sat him on the counter so he could watch me make soap for a bit. It was awesome. Since that first visit, he likes to periodically check in and cruise around the house. He says hi to the animals, hi to Molly and Timothy, and goes room to room...you know, to check to make sure things are still the same. 

This evening, he checked in for a visit and he even sat at the table with us as we had the grandparents over for dinner, so he could be a part of it. I think that was the sweetest thing and I'm so glad he did that. 

One night earlier this month, Sam and I are laying in bed, and we hear this banging. We yell for Tim, not knowing what he is doing to make such a noise, and it turns out it was Anthony ramming the Enabot into Molly's door to see if she was home to visit with her! I laughed SO hard! 


My favorite visits are when we schedule a "Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure" TV date and we lay in bed and watch the show together. I am so incredibly grateful for those moments. 


I'm glad we have this little robot. Highly recommend. Such a brilliant idea. Knowing Anthony can check in whenever he wants makes me feel better about him being away. I really hope it makes him feel better too. 

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment