Anthony had his very first flight yesterday! It's still so surreal that he's even in the Pilot's Program at CWU. I mean heck, it's still so surreal that I have an 18 year old that has left home and is in college, let alone about to be clocking flight hours in a literal airplane that he flies himself.
I knew the time he was getting to the Flight Center, so I hopped on Life360, propped my phone up on the kitchen table, and went about chores, stopping to check the phone every so often. Life360 showed him at the Flight Center for a long time, then out by the planes for a while....but then I watched as his icon went from the airplanes, to the airfield, down the runway, and I knew his first flight was getting underway!
Watching him taxi down the runway and then take off was so much fun, and I'm so thankful for our stupid tracking app, lol, which was the only way we could have ever "participated" in this moment with him. Life360's speed kept changing, and then the icon changed from a car, to a race car! Hahahaha I thought the icon would be an airplane, but I think because of the speed or altitude, it was a racecar, which cracked me up.
I stopped chores, grabbed my tea and the phone, and sat in quiet excitement. I tracked and watched his flight the entire time, tracking him while he taxied, took off, flew, landed, and then taxied his way back to the airfield. It was awesome!
I know this new chapter feels so new and scary for him, but I really hope it also feels hopeful and exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment