.

.

Thursday, March 12, 2026

Quick Campus Visit

Yesterday, Sammy and I took a visit to Ellensburg to see Anthony! 

My friend, Molly, was taking a group of middle school band kids to see a jazz concert at CWU. She invited us to ride along with her. With nothing going on, and Sam still home on FMLA leave, we said yes! There was no way we were turning down a trip to see our boy on someone else's gas dime. 

We met Molly in town at 1:00, arrived in Ellensburg at 3:00, then had until 6:00 to spend with Anthony. 

We hung out in his room for a bit, then took him and his roommate, Casey, out to Mexican for dinner. Afterwards, we dropped Casey off at the dorm, then took a drive with Anthony. He pointed out a few spots he likes to hike at, stopping at one location for a quick walk around. It was extremely windy there! I nearly blew away, haha. 


After our drive, we walked Anthony back up to his dorm, took a few photos, and then said goodbye to him and Casey. We met Molly back at her car at 6:00 and made our way home. 

It was a short visit, but I'm glad we jumped at the opportunity to make it. I hadn't been up to see Anthony on campus since moving him in back in September!

I hope we can take the time to make another trip and perhaps go on one of his hikes with him, once the weather warms up. That would be amazing. 

With love,                                                                                                                Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment