The tree fort used to house a play kitchen and little kid toys. Then it turned into Lego and big kid toy storage, mostly for Anthony. Throughout the years, as the boys' room evolved, more and more items got moved to the tree fort. Pretty soon, it became Anthony's private time capsule.
When he was gearing up to move into college, and then again most recently when Timothy redid the bedroom to make it his own, Anthony's remaining belongings found themselves a home in the tree fort. The other weekend, Sammy and I spent a great deal of time in there cleaning, reorganizing, and building Anthony some Lego tables; something he has wanted for a long time.
The Lego tables turned out amazing! After freeing up some space on the shelves, I was also able to selectively unpack some items from his totes to display on the shelves. This made the space feel more homey.
I'm really excited for Anthony to see it next time he comes home for the weekend. I hope this space will bring him some happiness and comfort, and help him to not feel displaced, despite Timothy completely redoing the bedroom.



No comments:
Post a Comment