.

.

Friday, March 20, 2026

6 Weeks Out

Yesterday marked 6 weeks post-mastectomy. I had a check in with my reconstructive surgeon, and she says everything is healing as well as it can without any major issues. 

Previously, at my 3 week post-op appointment, we were concerned with my right arm mobility. I should have been further along than I was. Concerns of frozen shoulder were raised. 

I was supposed to go in for physical therapy, but the place never called me. I thought screw it, I can do this on my own. And I did. I looked up stretches to do after a mastectomy and within 2 weeks I was back to normal. Boom, done. 


My surgeon was pretty pleased with this, and cleared me for all activity, including my weight lifting, with in turn pleased me

So time to get back to my stretching, rebounding, and weight lifting. The break was nice, but I definitely was itching to start back up. 


My next appointment will be at 3 months post-op. I hope to see less swelling and maybe a little bit of implant drop and fluff by then. But its more likely that wont happen until 6 months + out. We will see. 

With love,                                                                                                       Mama Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment