Timothy just got back from a trip with his Grandma and Grandpa to a few different state parks. He took an old camera we had, and had an amazing time getting some pretty spectacular shots. Our local Klickitat County Fair is always in August, and this year Timothy really wanted to submit some of his photos.
We got them all on the computer, I showed him the ins and outs of basic editing, we bought some backboards and mats, and boom, ready to go!
All still life had to be tagged and handed in on Tuesday the 12th, as the first day of fair was Thursday the 14th. I went with Timothy to get all of his photos correctly cataloged and registered. We got that done just fine...but by the time I got home, I was feeling sooooo very ill. It came on so quickly, like ok to death in an hour. And I have been bedridden since then. The past couple days have been hard. Sam was gone on a trip away with Anthony for a concert, and I don't know, I kept thinking that any day I would turn the corner...so I never tried to take myself to the Dr. But by Saturday morning when Sam got home, and I was actually still getting worse instead of better, it was clear that it was time to go. I hardly had the energy to get out of bed. Turns out I have strep throat. A very awful case of it. Great. I'll be in bed a few more days as I wait for the antibiotics to kick in. Good thing I went. I get SO sick with strep. I should have known it was that and quit the wishful thinking, lol.
Long story short, I couldn't go with Tim back to the fair to see how he did. But Sam was able to go this morning, and Tim did amazing! He placed 1st on all 10 of his photos, and even got a Judges Choice ribbon on his sunrise photo. I think he even gets some cash for his winnings. He was so happy and proud of himself! We are too.
Way to kick ass, Timothy! Well done! Now, hopefully these antibiotics kick in soon.
With love, Mama Hauck
No comments:
Post a Comment