Ahh, summer is over. Already. I literally don't know how the time passed so quickly. I swear we were just having Anthony's graduation. It never feels like you get enough summer. Ever. I just wish we could have more. More sleeping in. More homemade breakfasts eaten together. More late nights on the porch with music playing. More spontaneous outings. But mostly...more time with all three kids, together.
This year's back to school is different. And it will be from here on. It's the first year that Anthony won't be joining them. It felt so weird. So weird not taking his photos too. So weird not watching him drive them all down the driveway and out the gate. It was Molly. Which is awesome. But, you know, those lasts and firsts are hard.
So we got our traditional back to school photos of Timothy and Molly, while Anthony watched from the side.
Timothy, 8th grade, last year in the middle school!
Anthony made my heart swell when he said he'd take photos with them. It made not taking his back to school photos hurt just a little less.
I'm hoping for a good year. One where Timothy and Molly actually enjoy their days and grow academically. And I'm looking forward to spending some quiet time with Anthony. We've got a little over a week before he leaves. I really want to just soak up this time and help him feel more prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment