Anthony's yearbook finally came. They normally get them before school lets out, but the shipment was late, or the school's order put in late, or I don't know...there was an issue. So we were bummed when the kids didn't have their yearbooks for all of their friends to sign before school got out, but at least they are here now.
And this years is special, obviously, since Anthony is a senior. For as long as I can remember, for the high school yearbooks, parents are able to order a 1/4, 1/2, or whole page and write a dedication to their senior. I always knew I would be doing this, and I was so excited this past Spring when it was time to work on Anthony's. I spent days thinking of the perfect thing to say, and doing a deep dive on our external to find the perfect photos. I was very excited for him to see it.
Anthony,
I blinked, and suddenly a man stood where a little boy used to be. I wish time wouldn't pass so quickly, but it has been nothing short of our greatest joy watching you grow into the finest young man. Anth, I see you. I see your beautiful soul. You have a moral compass firmly rooted in kindness, compassion, equality, inclusion, and love. You are, without a doubt, the most amazing friend...always showing up, supporting, and loving people for who they are. You have a curious mind that questions everything. We love that about you! You are creative, charming, thoughtful, reliable, resilient, silly, and the greatest comic relief. Truly, you have given your Papa and I so many reasons to be proud of you. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us over the years.
Continue to question everything, love deeply, and spread kindness wherever you go. Continue to prioritize your health and happiness above all else, because really, that's all that truly matters. Everything else will fall into place. I promise you, this next adventure, while maybe not always easy, will be meaningful and help you on your journey to your authentic self. Life gets a whole lot better. We are excited for your continued growth in mind and soul, and we will be here to support you and help you thrive in whatever life you choose to make for yourself.
We love you as deep and endless as the Universe.
With love from your biggest fans,
Mama & Papa
Owen, Kevin, Rowan, Storey,
Carson, Christian, Sean, and Jacob,
The days your laughter filled our home have truly been our absolute most favorite days. For so many years we have loved you like our own, sharing hearty laughter, meaningful conversations, and unjudging support. It has been a pleasure to watch you all grow into amazing young men!
You all have been such a bright light in Anthony's life; showing up, loving, and supporting him. Thank you for that. We have always been so proud of that fact that Anthony had the most spectacular group of friends. We are so thankful the Universe conspired to bring you all together.
Please remember, our doors will always be open. We will be here to offer our love, support, and encouragement in any way we can. We are so very proud of you!
Always in your corner,
Mama and Papa Hauck
No comments:
Post a Comment