.

.

Sunday, July 6, 2025

4th of July

July 4th. Years ago, when the kids were little, we'd head into town for Goldendale's Demolition Derby. But, in my opinion, if you've seen cars crashing into each other once, you don't need to see it again. The hours spent in the bleachers and the incredibly overpriced food just never seemed worth it. After years and years of going, we decided to opt out of Goldendale's July 4th festivities and just hang at home. 

No regrets. 

The past few years we've either had friends over, or it's just been us. We play volleyball, ride the motor bikes, take tractor cart rides, do smoke bombs and sparklers, play in the pool, and stuff our faces full of food. 

This year I invited some friends over, but only my friend Kristen and her boys could make it. It was really nice. I didn't feel stressed with having a large group over, and that peace is priceless to me. 

After eating a meal of ribs, pasta salad, and whipped cream jello, we headed outside. Once again, the weather was kind of shit, ughhhh! I thought it was JULY! But oh well. The upside was that we could be outside the whole day without risk of overheating or getting sunburned. 

We spent a lot of time playing around with smoke bombs and sparklers, just being silly. Then I gave Kristen a ride in the tractor cart, which was hilarious, hahaha. I had a really great time being silly with her! My heart definitely needed that. 

 

Anthony wanted to shoot some guns. Then before we knew it, everyone else wanted to shoot some guns. And I knew I should brush up on my shooting skills. So I did too. Anthony took the lead role and went over safety and everything. He was very thorough and responsible. 

Let the shooting commence! We have a lot of good shots amongst us! 

  



 

 
 

 
 
After doing all the things, it was time to just sit and chill. The boys headed inside for some video games, and Kristen and I sat around the fire. A nice, quiet ending to a fun day at home. 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment