.

.

Saturday, December 21, 2024

OutRaged Paint Throwing Room

Today we surprised the kids with a trip to Vancouver's Outraged Paint Throwing Room! Back in November, when I was searching for some fun family activities for us to do, I stumbled upon their website and knew instantly it was a winner. We've never done anything like this before, and getting messy throwing paint around in a black light room seemed like the perfect stress reliver we all could enjoy. I booked a time slot and waited ohhhh so impatiently for the day to get here! 

While I waited, I secretly bought everyone a plain white t-shirt. The morning of, I told everyone to dress in trash pants and pack a clean outfit for later. The kids were completely confused, and it was awesome, lol. 

When we pulled up and they figured out what we were doing, I was SO excited!! The gentleman at the front desk gave us all shoe covers, goggles, hairnets, and ponchos. We passed on the ponchos, obviously, but the shoe covers and goggles were nice. And I think the boys did wind up putting the hairnets on. Then we chose our paint package. It was $10 per person to participate. And then we initially spent $100 on a paint package for all of us. Later, Sam did go out and purchase more paint for $50. So all totaled, $200 for a full hour of paint trashing a room, and ourselves, while jamming to music. Definitely worth it. 

We had an absolute blast. Literally the most fun I've had in a while. And very much needed. I was so happy to see all the kids having fun too. There was one mishap where Timothy accidentally got paint all on Molly's face and hair (hey, should have worn the hairnet, girl!) and she was pretty pissed, but she got over it in a few minutes and all was well again, haha. 

 
 
 
 

Amongst all the fun, I took a moment to let some cancer rage out. Then the kids helped me flip the bird to cancer (except for Anthony....he gave a thumbs up, HAHA). I should have smeared it all across the wall when I was done, but I forgot because I was admiring my work, lol. 

 
 
When our hour was up, we were all a total mess, and it was amazing. 

 



The facility allowed us to clean up and change in their bathroom, which was super awesome. We didn't have to take turns getting cleaned and changed privately in the cramped car, we all could just hop in the car clean for the 2+ hour drive home. 

I 1000% recommend a paint throwing room experience. I definitely want to do it again. I also really want to check out their rage room as well. It's more expensive, but I've no doubt a ton of fun. 

very thankful for this fun with Sammy and the kiddos!! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment