.

.

Sunday, December 15, 2024

Farmers Market Holiday Bazaar 2024

Yesterday we had the much anticipated Farmers Market Holiday Bazaar! 

I spent months soaping and painting, getting ready.  Because I almost sold out last year, I made double batches of my top sellers, and a few I thought would be top sellers. 

Overall I did pretty good. For the first time ever, there were other people there who also were selling soap. And it wasn't as busy of a year as in years past, but that happens. I made up for not selling my usual amount at the bazaar by selling some online, and then Sam took a good amount to work and sold a ton. So I did wind up making my average, it just took a little more work. 

I'm hoping next year, the event coordinator at least spreads the soap vendors out a little more...putting them in different buildings, or at least on different levels. It wasn't so fun having 3 other soap vendors in one building, all on one level, and one being right across from me. She wasn't so pleasant either. Like I was the intruder....and not the one who's been doing the Farmer's Market Holiday Bazaar for 10 years now....half of that with my soap. 

I am definitely thankful for the people who showed up to support me, without fail. 

Anyway, after the bazaar, I made up huge soap baskets for each school to put in the teacher's lounge. I made up teacher gifts, and gifts for others in town. I also gave away a good amount to friends and such, while still keeping a nice stock for us here at home. 

Next year I will scale back down. It's hard to know from year to year how things will go. But I do know this year was a lot of work, and I don't want it to feel like so much work. It's not fun that way. And I really want it to be fun. 




Now with the bazaar done and the rest of the soap divvied up, I feel like I can relax and enjoy Christmas a little bit more. 

With love,
Mama Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment