Our December has been unseasonable warm. We've been averaging 40's and overcast, with a ton of fog and lots of rain off and on. I hate that!! I'm ready for the ground to freeze so the goat pen and chicken coop won't be such a wet mess, and the dogs and cats will stop tracking in muck from outside. UGH!
So it was quite the surprise when the temps took a little dip and we woke up to our first little bit of snow yesterday! Not a lot, but just enough to make things look beautiful.
I couldn't wait to rush out and play with the goats!...because they just love the snow, hahaha. And Sam got off work early due to ice on the wind turbine blades, so he got home while I was out with the goats still.
Then today, I not so patiently waited all day for the kids to get home from school, and Sammy to get home from work, so I could propose a family walk down the road to play in the snow before it inevitably melts.
I'm so glad we did. It's moments like these that mean the most to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment