.

.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Anthony's Halloween Hangtime

It's been a long time since Anthony had a bunch of his buddies over....so when he approached me asking if we could play host to a Halloween gathering for him and his pals, I jumped at the opportunity! 

He was SO excited! It was like he was a little kid again. The whole week beforehand he kept telling me how much he was looking forward to his friends coming over and it just made my heart swell to see him so happy and excited. He's grown up so much over the past year, and he's constantly busy with school, sports, or work, so I know this down time with his friends was not only wanted, but very much needed. 

He asked for my homemade stovetop mac and cheese, so that's what I made....a double batch! I also made his favorite chocolate chip cookies, and got out a bunch of other easy to grab snacks. Sam made these incredibly delicious bacon wrapped sausages to round out the table.  



The boys ate, talked about their upcoming Halloween plans and matching costumes, played video games, got a tour of the house, property, and all the cool stuff Anthony has been waiting to show off, lol, and just hung out. Sam and I really enjoyed watching Anthony be excited to share his life with his friends. And they are such GOOD boys, my goodness! I don't think I have ever met a more polite and kind bunch of young men. I delighted in listening to their conversations. I am incredibly thankful Anthony has them in his life. 

Saturday morning the boys decided they wanted to wash and clean out the Galaxy, so we set them up with the tools they needed and they spent close to 2 hours working on it! It truly made me laugh out loud!! In my mind I was thinking "Why would you want to clean someone else's car?!" But they were totally loving it. Must be the age, lol. 

It was definitely a good weekend. Anthony's smile says it all. He was soaking up every second., and I love that for him! Well deserved down time.  

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment