.

.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Autumn Stroll Down the Pipeline Trail

On Sunday, we wrapped up the Hood River Fall Fest at about 1 o'clock. The day was still young, the sun was shining, we were fueled up on food truck delectables and treats.....there was no way we were ready to head home! Anthony suggested a hike, and I couldn't have been happier!

I love hiking the Pipeline trail.....its one of my favorites because it has a little bit of everything....dirt path, train tracks, a bridge, optional ladders, metal walkways, open space, trees, sand, rocks, water....and none of it is very strenuous. What more could you ask for? The only thing better than hiking the Pipeline Trail, is hiking the Pipeline Trail in the Fall! 

Ohhhhh gosh was I living my own personal Heaven! I enjoyed every second of our outing. The weather was gorgeous, the kids were in good spirits, the views were spectacular, and the conversations were great. Can you believe there were still blackberries begging to be picked!? And of course we stopped at the graffiti pipe where we always get some cool photos with whatever new graffiti is going on there. 

This was also the very first time we took the ladder down off the bridge to experience the water in that area. We usually hang out at this one beach area earlier on the trail, or at another further down the trail, because both those spots are easier to access, but the kids are older now, and I felt pretty confident no one would fall and die going up or down the ladder, lol. I'm glad we made that decision because it was such a cool area so relax and spend some time in before continuing on down the trail. 

I probably could have stayed out there for hours just enjoying the sounds and views had I not started to feel pooped out. Life has been so go-go-go recently, even though this was a much needed break from the normal hustle of busy home life, I still only have so much gas in the tank, lol, and by 4 I was running on empty! 

 
  
 
   

What a fun and gorgeous day! I'm feeling eternally grateful for such a spectacular Autumn stroll with my family! I can't wait to go back. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment