.

.

Monday, June 27, 2022

Happy 15th Birthday, Anthony!

Anthony, I have watched you grow in leaps and bounds right before my eyes! Physically, mentally, emotionally. There is no doubt that the shy and tentative young boy you used to be has now been replaced with a more confident young man. 

Your first year in High School has really been so great for you. You've taken on FFA, Track and Field, and Jazz Band, all while working hard in your main classes and maintaining a 3.7+ GPA. You've become more outgoing, more social, more sure of yourself, your thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes. To say we are proud of you is an understatement!

That's not to say this year hasn't been a tough one. You've started to realize just how scary the World can be, and I know you have reservations about being thrown into that World. You know it's time to start dreaming and planning for the future you want for yourself, but sometimes that can feel overwhelming and so daunting. You are such a caring and empathetic person, so all your friends have started to dump their problems into your listening ear, as friends will do, but sometimes to an excessive point for lack of their own support at home. This has caused you a lot of stress this year, but also taught you the valuable lesson of setting boundaries for your own personal mental and emotional health. So much growing this year. So many new things to learn. 

And I have been there. Every step of the way. Every time you've had a question. Every time you've asked for help. Every time you've needed reassurance and comfort and love. I've been there.....not just because I, of course, want to be....but because you want me to be. You've asked me to be. And that simple fact makes my heart want to explode with so much love for you. 

I hope I don't fail you. I hope I can help you navigate these upcoming years so that you can grow into a loving, caring, and empathetic man. A hardworking man who can plan for the future he wants, but who can also roll with the punches life always seems to throw out. A man who takes care of himself....mentally, emotionally, physically.....and seeks out his own personal happiness, no matter what that looks like. A man who wants to share his life and happiness with others. 

I just want you to be happy. That's all. Just be happy and share it with others. 

You have so many good years ahead of you. 

The best is truly yet to come. 



Happy 15th birthday, Anthony! I can't even begin to express the amount of love my heart holds for you. 

With love,
Mom Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment