.

.

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Happy 13th Birthday, Molly!

Molly, I always say that I have no idea what I am doing as a parent. Sometimes I close my eyes and still feel so young and clueless myself, I don't even know how when I open them back up, I am 36 with all my babies now 10 and over! I might not always know what I'm doing, I just do my best and hope that it's good enough. Sometimes I'm not sure....but looking at you, I know I must be doing something right.

You are all the things I love.....kind, caring, empathetic, tolerant, helpful, silly, funny, spunky, smart, and creative. But I want so badly for you to be self loving, confident, and strong willed, too. I think we have the strong willed part down, hahaha, at least at home, and hopefully the others aren't too far off. I need you to know your worth. I need you to find your voice and know that what you have to say matters. What you think matters. What you do matters. I need you to be confident and proud of what you have to offer yourself, others, and the World. The World needs more strong and confident women filled with self love. I know it's so hard when you're put up against a jury of your peers, but truly, the only jury that matters is your own self. 

I know you've had a couple social hiccups this year. Being a teenager is tough. Being a girl teenager is even more tough. Everyone is just trying to find their own way, and some aren't doing such a great job of it. We've dealt with mean girls and fake friends. Things that can really shake a young girl and make her feel sad, scared, and alone. Like she doesn't fit in. Like she has no place. But we all have a place. And you are so very special and loved. What others have to say, what others do, what others think, is only a reflection on them. You be YOU, and the right friends will come along. Friends who treat you like you treat them.... friends who are loyal, kind, and loving. I am so proud of you for being so kind and loving to others. I continuously hear how sweet you are, how kind you are, how caring of other's. 

I am so thankful you come to me. So thankful you trust me. So thankful I can be your soft place to land when you've had a rough day. I hope that the more we talk, the more you see what I see....a beautiful young lady who has every right to feel confident and worthy of self love. You are so kick-ass, Molly!! Own it! I wasn't a very socially confident child or teen. I was quiet and meek. But I also didn't care what others thought. I had self love and self confidence. I followed my own path, to hell with everyone else. This, above all else, is what I wish for you. Be confident. Follow your own path. Seek your happiness. In the end, that's all that matters. g 

We are so proud of the young woman you are growing into. You make my heart swell with so much love and pride. 

This will be your year. Turning 13, entering 8th grade. This will be your year! You will learn and grow and continue to surprise us with your kind heart and resiliency. 



Happy 13th birthday, Molly Lynn! I couldn't possibly love you more. 

Now lets go have some birthday fun!! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment