.

.

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Anthony's Birthday

The older Anthony gets, the more chill he wants his birthdays to be. I must have asked him a hundred times what he wanted to do for his birthday and the answer was always the same: stay home and do nothing. 

Well that sucks. 

I finally convinced him to at least ask a couple friends to come over, because I knew he would regret it if he didn't. Thankfully he agreed, and his friend Owen was able to spend the night, and his friend Christian we picked up later in the day. He wound up being glad he invited friends over. 

See, I knew it. 

Birthday mornings all start the same way in our home....balloons, streamers, and presents first thing!! Anthony received a new game, an external for his playstation, a new sweatshirt and hat, a shaver kit, a pretty swanky toiletry bag, gift cards, cash, candy, and a baton. 


After presents, I cleared the table to get ready for birthday breakfast! Birthday breakfast consisted of pancakes (some of them chocolate chip!), bacon, little cheesy smokies, and maple sausage. 


After breakfast, Sam and the boys headed in to pick Christian up. Molly went with so she could stop at Dollar General and pick out some funny plates and silly accessories for Anthony. Such pretty pretty princesses in their crowns! hahaha! When the boys got back, it was straight to the bedroom for some game time. And that's where they stayed for a while, lol. 


Lunch consisted of burgers, chips, fruit, noodle salad, and cookies. Strawberry rhubarb pie was Anthony's birthday dessert of choice. The boys thought the silly plates Molly picked out were hilarious, and we even got a "birthday boy" pin for Anthony and birthday hats. You're never too old for a bit of silly fun!! They were good sports, lol. 


After some hang time outside, as well as more time spent gaming, it was time to get the boys back home. When Sam and Anthony got back, we did our yearly traditional birthday measuring and marking on the height board, as well as photos with Mama and Papa. 


I know it wasn't much, but I think that's the way Anthony wanted it. In my eyes, birthdays are a big deal, and I always want to make my kiddos feel extra loved and special on their birthdays. We've always done our best to make the day really fun for them. So it makes me a little sad when Anthony doesn't want to do anything.....but I think he was ultimately glad he had friends over to celebrate his birthday with him. I told him there will be plenty of adult years where he might not be able to do much on his birthday, and birthdays were we wont be able to be there with him....so for now....while he's still at home and while I still can, I'm going to do my best to shower him with birthday love and fun. Whether he wants it or not. It's a special day for me, too. 

Love you, Anthony. 

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment