.

.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Spring Has Sprung

I feel like it took forever to come, but Spring has finally made it to The Hauck Homestead. Some of our trees are blossoming, which promises us pears and plums later in the season. 


I cleaned out the front beds and planted some new succulents I purchased at our school's FFA plant sale. In the past, these beds have been full of flowers, but that's just not my thing.  Its nice to watch the flowers bloom, but they only last a little while, and then I'm left with nothing but green stems taking up all that space. No thanks. The only flowers I generally care for are what grow naturally around here, like lupine and balsam root. I could have those everywhere and be happy! Anyway, every year I dig out more and more flower bulbs and replace them with succulents instead. Those you can enjoy all year except when under snow! haha I do still have some flowers in the beds though, to appease Sam, lol. 


Even though I'm not the biggest flower lover, I did ask for some pretty flower hanging baskets that Sammy happily bought. These give nice color and symmetry to our front porch. And after they're dead and gone, I can use the baskets for the kiddos to plant whatever they want in them! 

I'm quite please with how the front of the house looks, very pretty and welcoming! I even put the hammock up! I'm definitely looking forward to some 70* days so I can go lay in the hammock with a book. 


Even the lawn is looking nice and perky now! Sam mowed if for the first time this past weekend. We waited for all the dandelions to bloom and feed the bees before mowing. :)  


Ahhhh, we are so ready for some the sunshine and beautiful weather! 

With love,
Mama Hauck 

No comments:

Post a Comment