Yesterday the family and I participated in the 1st annual Golden Pumpkin 5K Walk/Run at a local pumpkin patch in Centerville. And yes, Anthony made his first visit home so that he could do it with us!
This 5K was put on by a gal I know, in honor of someone in her family who has battled breast cancer. I knew as soon as I learned she was putting this on, that I wanted to join.
We had a really great time. My friend Kristen and her boys joined us as well! Despite it being pretty cold and windy out, there were about 40 people there, and everyone was in a good mood and really just vibing. Some people dressed up in Halloween costumes, but I wanted to wear my 2 Years NED tank top. I definitely didn't run, haha, Kristen, her son Rowan, Molly, and myself all walked it. But Sam, Anthony, and Timothy ran it! I did get a golden pumpkin though, of which I was proud of, lol!
And now, some photos of Anthony's first visit home! Other than the 5k we did, we mostly just hung out and relaxed. He caught us up on everything he has learned thus far, and he did a couple assignments. He did bring his laundry, including all of his bedding, home for me to wash though, haha. It was really awesome to have him home for the weekend. I think he needed that.
With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:
Post a Comment