.

.

Sunday, May 18, 2025

We Bought a Bus

A few weeks ago, I saw a bus listed on FB marketplace that wasn't too far away from us. It was freshly listed of only a few minutes. This bus was listed well below what a bus should be priced at. Extremely below. Like, I couldn't believe it didn't already have "sold" listed on it within seconds. I sent it to Sam, as I always do with every cool bus I come across. 

Minutes later, he told me he secured a time to go look at the bus. In fact, he was leaving work early to go do so. 

Within a few hours, I received a text that we bought the bus. 

Apparently, upon arrival and chatting with the seller, even though he had someone else lined up to look at the bus after Sam, he liked Sam so much, he knew the bus was supposed to be his and sold it to him on the spot. 

Nice! 

The bus had been parked on the seller's property for some time. Originally from Petersburg Alaska, it had been painted blue upon sale from the original bus driver who drove it. The bus, a 1988 full size Carpenter bus, did run, but was currently being used to house the seller's buddy who was down on his luck. But with his buddy recently gone, the seller just wanted to be rid of the bus, hence the screaming deal, and our good luck. 

We are SO excited about this bus. All but 2 of the seats have already been removed, and it is in impeccable shape. We have always dreamed of owning a bus. Yes, to travel in....but we know that isn't a very practical dream right now. It gets 5 miles to a gallon, hahaha. But why not get a bus anyway? And convert it into a livable hang out area we can park on our property? And then know that if we keep it in good running order, we could always drive it. 

A super exciting prospect! 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment