For Timothy's birthday this year, the plan was for him to have a couple of his buddies spend the night Friday after school, and then we'd go to the trampoline park on Saturday. Unfortuantely, Friday morning I learned that he had a few friends that were unable to make it, leaving just one friend who could. I was so sad for him, so I called Anthony at school and asked him to rally the troops.
I picked Timothy and his friend up from school, and had to break the news to him that everyone else wasn't able to make it. He was bummed.....but only until Anthony's whole crew showed up!
I am so thankful for the kindness of Anthony's friend group. While still at school, he explained to them what happened, and all of them really came through for Timothy. Some even came with gifts in hand, and one even bought him an ice cream cake!
Timothy was over the moon to have them all there. It was a chaotic evening of loud rough housing, but I survived, haha. Everyone hung out, ate pizza and ice cream cake, Timothy opened his birthday stocking, and a handful of them even spent the night. I have no idea when everyone went to bed, because Sam and I were in bet at 9, lol.
Saturday morning, Sam and I made everyone breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit salad, and eggs. Everyone piled into the living room and ate breakfast while watching SpongeBob. My heart about exploded.
I thought Timothy was going to wait until Sunday (his actual birthday) to open his gifts, but he wanted to do them with his friends there. I get it, so we let him.
After presents and getting everyone and everything cleaned up, more boys went home, but two wanted to go to the trampoline park with us, which made Timothy so pleased, and then we also picked up Molly's boyfriend. So off to the trampoline park in Yakima we go! We haven't been since pre-covid. So it had been a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment