.

.

Saturday, March 1, 2025

1 Year Down, 9 To Go

Today marks the completion of 1 year of my hormone blocker pill, Tamoxifen. I have 9 years left. 

When I originally started it last January, I was on 10mg, and only a few days in, couldn't handle how it made me feel. So I immediately went off of it, gave myself some time to think about the pros and cons, and then asked my Oncologist if a 5mg does was possible. I started that last March and it didn't make me feel like I wanted to die quiet as much as the 10mg, so I've stuck with it. 

This is considered my adjuvant treatment. In other words, additional treatment given after the primary active treatment of cancer, which will reduce the risk of cancer reoccurrence. 

While I get that definition, and I understand it's not considered "active treatment" like chemo, surgery, or radiation, it sure as hell feels active to me...considering the side effects I have to live with on a daily basis and the issues I'm still trying to navigate due to a little, daily, 5mg pill. 


If you'd like to learn more about Tamoxifen, what it is, and how it works, click on the photos below. 

1 year down, 9 to go. 

With love,                                                                                                      Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment