.

.

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Homecoming Court Dinner and Dance

It is tradition for the Homecoming Court to have a special dinner, hosted by the parents of the Court, before the actual Homecoming Dance. Can you tell Homecoming is a big deal in Goldendale? lol 

There were a lot of Mama's who jumped on decorating the Masonic Lodge and serving food (the food was ordered and served via the new Italian Restaurant in town!), so instead of offering to help in that way, I bought the 12 bottles of sparkling cider and made a double batch of my *famous* home made chocolate chip cookies. 

Sammy and I dropped them off Friday afternoon, while we were in town for the noise parade, and were able to get a sneak peek of the Lodge. The Mama's did a good job. 


I wish the Mama's there helping would have gotten more photos, but I understand they were busy and soaking everything up in the moment. So that's ok. I'm happy to at least have the photos that were taken! 


Now the main event, the Homecoming Dance! 

So, Anthony didn't have a date. He had one in mind, but she wound up saying yes to someone else prior to Anthony asking. At least he had the courage to ask, I was proud of him for that. So that's ok, because really....dances aren't his thing. Although I know he would have wound up enjoying actually having a date. Last year he was at Homecoming for all of 30 minutes before going and waiting in the car for Molly. This year, he was there for about an hour and a half, so longer, lol, but only because being on the Homecoming Court meant he had to stay to walk in with his walking partner and be presented to all the people in attendance at the dance. 

He sure was looking handsome in his suit though. I wish I could have gone with him! 



Fun fact! Molly created the Homecoming Dance's music playlist as part of her Leadership class duties. So that's cool. 

I was sad that Molly didn't stay home to get ready, just like last year. I get that it's more fun to get ready at a friend's house, but we are 20 minutes from town, and she wasn't keeping us posted on her timeline, so we weren't able to drive to town when she was all ready to take photos. I'm thankful her friend's Mama took photos, but I wish I would have been able to get one of just Molly.  And the boy in the photo with her....yeah, not her date, lol. He showed up with her friend's date and then just wound up taking photos with Molly. They didn't go to the dance together. Maybe next year she'll have a date to Homecoming. 

Regardless, Molly looked stunning in her dress, and I'm glad she had a fun time at the dance. 


Homecoming festivities OVER. That was a long week, but I'm glad we all got to share in on the special experience of Anthony being Homecoming Court Royalty! 

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment