.

.

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Girl's Maryhill Winery Birthday Lunch

The next chapter in my cancer journey is coming up. I haven't talked about it at all, because it's been a lot to wrap my head around, but I will be undergoing surgery soon. Very soon. In two days.....on July 13th. The day before my 37th birthday. 

I'll be having a unilateral mastectomy of my left breast, along with a sentinel lymph node dissection, followed by reconstructive surgery. 

I am not looking forward to this at all. Not even a little. In fact, I am dreading it. But I can not stop the hands of time, and I have no other options but to move forward with surgery. 

Anyway, this post wasn't about that. I'll do a post about that later this month, or August. This post is about getting together with my mom, sister, mother in law, and a group of my girlfriends in celebration of my upcoming birthday BEFORE surgery. 

I was saddened that my best friend couldn't make it, but deeply touched and grateful to have my most amazing circle of friends go out of their way to make me feel special during the lowest time of my life. 

We had an amazing lunch at Maryhill Winery, and I was happy to be able to get not only a group photo, but a selfie with each friend! 

Thanks for the wonderful birthday lunch, gals! 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment