.

.

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

4th of July

We had the grandparents and our friends, the Myra's, over for the 4th of July this year. The day consisted of motorbike riding, axe throwing, horseshoes, badminton, driveway-safe smoke bombs, and of course stuffing our faces full of delicious food! 

This year has been hard for me. I enjoy having people over, but breast cancer and chemo have really taken it out of me. It takes a lot of work to get the place ready to entertain, and then once everyone is here, I'm tired and I do a lot of sitting around and watching, instead of picture taking and participating. I don't know. I enjoyed the day....but it's hard for me to be around people. I'm tired, I'm self conscious about how I look, and I always have this underlining feeling of sadness and anger over my cancer. It's  hard to get it off my mind. I'm not always good company. 

This year is just hard. 

Anyway. Fun was had by all. I just feel the need to say why sometimes my posts aren't filled with much detail. I'm just tired. 

 

Towards the end of the day, the grandparents and our friend's left, and Molly went to a friend's goodbye party, but Trevin and Owen stayed, and that was fun for Anthony and Timothy. The boys spent some time in the pool, I got in a mower ride, and then my favorite part.....we had a blast with the smoke bombs and sparklers! I like getting fun photos of the kids with the smoke bombs! 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment