.

.

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

17th Wedding Anniversary

Today Sam and I have been married for 17 years. I'm not sure how it's been that long. It doesn't feel like 17 years has gone by. 

Instead of going out and celebrating our anniversary, I am in bed recovering from my third round of chemo. I've hardly the energy and brain capacity to do this post. 

I am so very thankful for Sam. 

Remember in your vows when you say "for better or worse....in sickness and in health..." Right now, this cancer journey that I am on....this is the worse part, the sickness part. We are living it right now. 

Sam is my rock. He shows up for me. No matter what mood I'm in, no matter what I'm feeling....he accepts the moment for what it is without judgement. He listens to me. He holds me. He comforts me. I don't think I could ask for anything more. 

I can't wait for this cancer shit to be over. But until then, I've got him. 

April 2006
 

April 2023

Happy anniversary, Lover. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment