.

.

Sunday, April 16, 2023

We Built an Outhouse!

My dad flew in from NY the other day to stay with us. Our friend Nik, who came up from CA for a while to help out with transporting the kids and such while we traverse this cancer journey, is now heading back home. So my dad is here to step in and help as needed. He'll be staying in our guest cabin. I have always loved our guest cabin. I got new sheets for the bed, borrowed a nicer fridge from my mom, moved some things around, and tidied it up a bit. Lookin' good and all ready! 

Since he'll be here for a few months, probably until the end of July, we wanted to make sure we had a bathroom for his use in the evening. But truthfully, it's been on our bucket list to build an outhouse for a long time now, so my dad coming for a few months was just the motivation Sam needed to get the task done! 

Our neighbor Ted helped plan it out and get the frame made. Then Sam took it from there, with my dad helping to wrap it up shortly after his arrival. 


I think it turned out great! We hung a few things up, and even have a little solar light in there. It'll be fun to decorate it a bit more, and we also plan to cut a moon and star in the door. 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment