.

.

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Spring Break Portland Overnighter

It's Spring break week for the kiddos. And since it's also chemo week for me, we unfortunately won't be having much Spring break fun. I'll soon be laying in bed recovering from my chemo round while Sam and the kids just hang out around the house. We did, however, get to spend the day in Portland with the kiddos today, and I am very thankful for that time! 

We drove up this morning, and after getting checked into the hotel, we set off on foot to the Japanese Gardens. A few years back, Sam and I visited the gardens and loved it, so I knew it was something the kids would enjoy. We spent a fair amount of time walking around the gardens, and also stopped in at the tea room to enjoy a sit town with some drinks! 



After the gardens, we made our way back to the hotel and spent some time hanging out in their swanky lounge. Molly and I ordered some drinks, the boys all played a few rounds of chess, Timothy serenaded us with some piano music, and we all just took the opportunity to decompress and relax. It was a lot of fun! 


Back in the hotel room after our swanky lounge hang out, we ordered Chinese food and settled in for the evening. I know we didn't do much other than walk to the gardens and back, but I was pooped out! And truly, we think it's fun just to hang out in a hotel, so the kids didn't mind that the day was jam packed with activities and we mostly just hung out. We stuffed our faces with Chinese, watched a bit of TV, and lounged in bed. The perfect evening to a great day with the family. 

  

While I'm disappointed we are unable to take off and do our normal Spring break fun with the kids, I am thankful we at least had one day to get out of the house and spend some time together. This year just has to be a bit different. 

Round 3 of chemo tomorrow, then homeward bound to recover. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment