.

.

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Dalles Mtn. Road Hike

On the kiddo's last day of Spring Break, we thought it would be fun to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take a drive and hike down Dalles Mountain Road. We like to try to do this drive at least once a year. April is the best time of year to do this because all the lupine and balsam root flowers are in full bloom. Some years are better than others, but regardless, you find the right spot and you are gifted with beautiful views of rolling hills covered in flowers. I really love lupine, its my favorite flower (and I'm really not a flower person!), so I always look forward to taking this drive. I only brought my phone to take photos this year, but in years past I've brought my camera and captured some pretty gorgeous photos. 

We all enjoyed the drive and short hike. We actually walked down to one area we hadn't ever been to, so that was fun! We found an old car the kids thought was pretty cool. Next year it'll be nice to bring a picnic lunch with us on our walk so we can sit and enjoy the scenery for a while. There were so many people out and about doing that. It was a busy day! Everyone had the same idea, lol. 


First hike of the year with the kiddos! We are all geared up for many more this summer. Hopefully we can make the time to check out some new places, and bring them to Beacon Rock, where Sammy and I hiked on our anniversary. They'll love that one. It always feels so great to start hiking season back up! 

With love,                                                                                                       Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment