.

.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Timothy Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Yesterday, I went on a field trip with Timothy and his class to a pumpkin patch in Hood River, OR. The weather was beautiful, we sure got lucky in that sense. We had a good time, but it's a shame the field trip wasn't earlier in the month. The place was so muddy! I don't think there was a single kid there that didn't leave with mud all over them, lol. And a lot of the remaining pumpkins in the field were getting soft and yuck. You really had to search for a good one. And there were no donuts. And the bus was loud to and from.

Ok, I'm done complaining. LOL

I had Tim, plus 3 other boys in my group. First stop was the pumpkin field where every kiddo got to pick a pumpkin to take home. Next everyone enjoyed playing on the stacks of hay and the slide. We took 1 quick trip through the corn maze, but it was far too muddy and slippery to make more than one pass. I was slipping and trying not to fall on my butt the whole time. The majority of the time the boys played in the corn pit, and I was happy to let them. That way I knew where they were the whole time! Plus, have you seen the corn pit? Amazing. Once we'd had out fill of corn, I bought the boys cookies and we all ate our sacked lunch before heading back to school. 


After returning back to school, I hung out with Timothy at recess, then watched a short movie with his class. I was happy to have felt well enough to go on the field trip. No headache that day, despite the screaming kids on the bus! 


I had fun spending the day with you, sweet boy! I'm thankful I was able to go.

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment