.

.

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Be the I in Kind

Of all the things I teach my children, being kind is probably the most important. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have said, "Above all else, be kind..." or "As long as you were kind..." or "You know how it feels when someone treats you badly and hurts your feelings, so remember to always be kind." 

I am the first to call my own children out when they have not been being kind. I am also the first to call out other children (lol) when they have not been being kind. 

I am a broken record about kindness. But it's a good thing. 

About a week ago I was talking with a friend about kindness. She showed me a photo of an idea she had for the Middle School and asked if I would be interested in helping. It was a poster that read, "Be the "I" in Kind."  I jumped at the opportunity to contribute to a project that would promote kindness! 

She got me the paper, I went out and bought the paint, and then I got to work. It took me a day or so to pencil in the lettering, and then another day or so to do multiple coats of paint. I was so anxious about messing it up, but the end product turned out awesome. I was so excited to share it! 


The goal was to have it up in time for the upcoming parent-teacher conferences. I'm glad to have met that goal! On Friday I went to the Middle School and together we hung it up and put a border around it. Boom! Finished! Just in time for conferences next week. 


When the bell rang, I went and got Timothy, then waited for Anthony and Molly so I could get photos of them in front of it. My friend did the same. 


Kindness starts with you. A message I think adults need to remember, and a message we need to be teaching our children. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment