.

.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we finally got around to carving our pumpkins! Usually we do it much earlier, but gosh darn it have we been busy!! 

So busy, in fact, that this year we got our pumpkins at the grocery store. *GASPS*

I know, I know. What in the fuck is that all about!? Uggghhhhh it pains me to even admit it. 

Seriously though, there was just no time us to go to the pumpkin patch. We tried after the Hood River Harvest Fest we went to in the beginning of the month, but it was 5pm when we left and pumpkin patches were closing. Boo. 

On the bright side, we got all 6 pumpkins for $15 dollars. Never in my life have we spent so little on carving pumpkins. So I guess getting them at the store isn't all that bad. I just miss the pumpkin patch experience with the family. First year we haven't gone together. I'm kinda freaking out about the lack of tradition follow-trough this year. *sigh* 

And I didn't get my fucking donuts. 

I have been a mess this month. Ask the kids. 

At least I got to go to the pumpkin patch with Tim last week on a field trip. With screaming kids. And mud everywhere. 

Anyway...Grandma Cathy came out to join us for dinner and pumpkin carving! I was really proud of the kids this year, they all did their own designs. And only Timothy asked for help actually carving his (he did most of it, I just had to help on the mouth, lol). 


I think our pumpkins turned out pretty darn swell! 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment