This whole moving away from home and going to college chapter has been new, scary, and hard. But Anthony is persevering. He keeps going.
Periodically, when I know he has been having a particularly hard day or week, I'll write him. A text. An email. A post card. A letter. Sometimes I feel as if there isn't much I can do to help make this chapter feel easier for him. But at least I can love and support him.
With normal finals done and out of the way, Anthony is now gearing up to take his Stage 1 Flight and Ground final. I know he has been stressed about it. It's taken a lot of flight hours and studying. It's SO much information to take in, understand, and absorb.
Over Christmas break, I got the opportunity to write something else for him.
Flashcards.
I helped him go over his study notes and condense them into flashcards he could use to study. This took some time, as it was a lot of material, but I enjoyed every second of it. The sun was shining. My tea was hot. The house was warm and cozy. We had food to snack on. Anth was as cute as could be. The moment was perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment