.

.

Thursday, February 20, 2025

2 Years Since

January is hard. 

It holds all the trauma of my diagnosis via my first mammogram and ultrasound. 


February is also hard. 

It's been 2 years. 

2 years since my first biopsy on the 1st.

2 years since my first PET scan on the 1st.

2 years since having my port surgery on the 2nd.

2 years since cutting my hair off on the 11th. 


And 2 years since my first round of chemo on the 20th...today...and all the pain and hardships that came after. 


Sometimes I wonder if there are feelings locked up inside of me. I wonder, if I hadn't worried so much about putting on a brave face for everyone, if  hadn't done all of those stupid thumbs up smiley photos to show how tough I am, and just was my authentic self, feeling whatever I needed to feel, whenever I needed to feel it, 100% of the time, instead of just behind closed doors, if I would still be struggling so much right now?

I wonder if it gets easier? 

I wonder if I will always feel a rock in my belly, tightness in my chest, and a lump in my throat when these months roll around? 

When I think about what I went through...am still going through?

When I even hear the word cancer? 

I don't know, but I hope it does get easier. Because I'm so tired. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment