.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Paint Nite Fun

Last night Sammy and I participated in a Paint Nite! But it wasn't a regular paint night where you paint on a canvas following the step-by-step instructions of the lead painter, it was a wood kit Paint Nite! 

I knew as soon as I saw it advertised on FB that it was right up our alley, especially with it being a cool mountain scene. I'm so glad I bought tickets, we had a great time! And it was taco night at the American Legion where it was being held, so we stuffed our faces with tacos as well! Could a night get any better? lol 


The steps were pretty easy. You just painted a few pieces at a time, and then once they were dry, you set them back on the template so you didn't get your pieces mixed up.  You could even glue them down as you went if you wanted....or wait until everything was done being painted before gluing them down. I think the hardest part was actually figuring out what colors to use. I was a bit disappointed because I would have rather used stains instead of paints like they show in one of the example photos above, but the couple running the Paint Nite didn't bring stains, just paints. So oh well. I went with t gradient style, where as Sam had a blended style. Honestly, I think ours were the best, hahahaha. Too bad we didn't get a big group photo of everyone's at the end. 


Here are the finished pieces! I really LOVE how Sam's turned out. I like his better than mine actually! I can't wait to hang them up! We're going to hang them side by side above the kids' bedroom doors. 

Definitely would do this again! The kids would have loved it too. I only wish it weren't so expensive. I'll have to try to find some cheaper kits on Etsy or something for us to do with the kids. That would be awesome! 

With love,                                                                               Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment